Location: San Francisco, Seattle
Director of Business Development
If you aim to generate a pipeline of business developing products and technologies that depend on world-class hardware innovation, Synapse's Business Development team is interested in talking to you. Your primary focus would be developing commercial relationships with companies in consumer & industrial markets who have a need for physical technology and product development. You would be responsible for identifying target market sub-segments on which to focus where you can leverage and develop your personal expertise.
In this role, you would be responsible for a new business sales number more than managing existing business. You would have the agency to balance the following responsibilities for maximum commercial impact:
- Develop a sales pipeline by proactively identifying and networking with target clients and/or referral partners
- Leverage market expertise to generate messaging for events, social media, blog posts, videos, etc.
- Share market insights to guide Synapse’s technical team’s growth strategy and investments in capability development
- Collaborate to triage and qualify sales opportunities, develop and deliver client pitches, and develop and deliver proposals via writing and presentation
- Negotiate contracts, including MSAs and SOWs, in collaboration with Synapse legal counsel
- Develop and maintain strong commercial relationships with senior client stakeholders to communicate Synapse's value to clients, enable further opportunities, and ensure alignment with client needs
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to generate and execute strategies to improve value proposition to existing clients and expand relationships
A Little About You
In order to thrive as a Director of Business Development at Synapse, you should possess commercial know-how, demonstrated through roles in business development, partnerships, or product management; hold experience that indicates the ability to successfully meet defined sales expectations; have a talent for developing and maintaining relationships with senior clients; maintain excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; and demonstrate a passion for the hardware and technology industries with knowledge of major players, products, and service providers.
- Experience working in or with a fee-for-service engineering or strategy consulting environment
- A strong understanding of the common business drivers among technology companies with physical devices
- An established network with commercially-relevant influential individuals
A Little About Us
Synapse Product Development works with the world’s leading brands and most ambitious startups to bring to market products and technologies that have a positive impact on people and our planet. Our team of engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals tackle seemingly impossible technical challenges for our clients and bring cutting-edge solutions to reality. We work on a variety of projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Synapse’s offices in downtown Seattle and San Francisco promote flexible work environments that prioritize the well-being of individuals while maintaining close collaboration and support. Virtually when we must and in person when we can, our project teams, departments and disciplines, and entire office regularly come together to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.