If you are passionate about sustainability topics and how they can intersect with product design, Synapse is interested in talking to you. Your primary area of focus will be helping the Synapse team to research, collect data, write sustainability content, and generally help a multi-disciplinary team of engineers with innovation in the space of sustainable product development. You would be available to intern full time during business hours, Monday to Friday.
In this role, you would be responsible for identifying productive activities and initiating collaborative action on them. You would have the agency to balance the following expectations for maximum impact:
- Participate in lively collaboration
- Demonstrate the willingness to jump from task to task or even from project to project, sometimes on a daily basis
- Remain committed to always learning—and an openness to being the one to teach from time to time
- Prepare content ranging from written reports to blog posts and high-impact powerpoint presentations clearly communicating difficult concepts
- Understand Synapse’s organizational environment but also demonstrate a curiosity about the clients’ operations and goals as well
- Approach each challenge with the eagerness to learn, sense of humor, friendly attitude, and mutual respect
A Little About You
In order to thrive as a Sustainable Product Development Intern, you should possess knowledge of general topics in sustainability and preferably Life Cycle Assessment, as well as an educational background in a related field (either engineering or sustainability); have an interest in engaging with all colleagues, regardless of their role, background, or experience; embrace involvement in multi-disciplinary projects; and maintain a great attitude and an insatiable need to learn.
- Enrollment in or recent graduation from a college or university
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Strong written communication skills - optional graphic communication focus preferred
- A work sample highlighting written/communications work or sustainability work, including a presentation of you and your experiences as they relate to the job qualifications
A Little About Us
Synapse Product Development works with the world’s leading brands and most ambitious startups to bring to market products and technologies that have a positive impact on people and our planet. Our team of engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals tackle seemingly impossible technical challenges for our clients and bring cutting-edge solutions to reality. We work on a variety of projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Synapse's headquarters in the heart of downtown Seattle maintains many of the hallmarks of the company's start-up roots. Virtually and in person, our project teams, departments and disciplines, and entire office regularly come together to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges.
Synapse is an Equal Opportunity Employer (“EOE”). We value diversity and strive to promote an inclusive culture. We are committed to a work environment that respects and supports individuals and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.